Trawlmaster for Other Multi Rig Trawls
The Trawlmaster has been installed on vessels towing from outriggers, on triple trawls and on quad trawls. No matter the trawl gear, critical answers are provided to the Captain.
Are my trawl wires marked correctly? Are my trawls spread optimally? Are the trawls on bottom? The Trawlmaster provides the answers by attaching small robust trawl sensors to the gear. All information is transmitted to the vessel wirelessly.
- Allows you to take equal bulk in EACH net.
- Adjust vessel speed to keep optimal doorspread.
- Indicates when the footgear is going into the mud.
Trawl Warp Measurement
The distance from the vessel to EACH trawl door
- Accurately measures your trawl wires to within 1/2 meter.
- Avoids measuring your trawl wires on shore.
- Indicates the adjustment in cross current to "square" the doors.
The heel angle (inward/outward lean) and pitch angle (upward/downward pitch)
- Set the trawl doors for optimal spread and optimal fuel consumption.
- Instantly indicates if you shoot too much trawl wire as the door heels over.
- Indicates when the doors are on bottom.
Indicates the distance from the headline to the seafloor.
- Indicates when your trawls are on bottom.
- Allows you to raise and lower the headlines depending on species.
Indicates when the cod-end is full.
- Only take back what you can handle onboard.
- Prevents hauling back trawls that are only half full.
- Provides a better indication of exactly where the fish are in the tow.
Indicates if the trawls are on bottom.
- Fishing is greatly reduced once your trawls come off bottom.
- Indicates if your speed into the current is taking the trawls off bottom.
- If you do not shoot enough trawl wire, the trawl will not be on bottom.
- Locate larger schools by trawling in the right temperature range.
- Improve quality by storing fish near the temperature of the seawater.
- Determine where the fish are.
Indicates the sorting grid angle.
- If your grid is not at the right angle, nothing goes to the cod-end.
- Indicates if your grid is blocked.
- Estimate fish volume in the codend as the grid angle tends to increase with volume.
Provides the distance between the wingends.
- Keeping the optimal wing spread can be just as important as doorspread.
- Wingspread is a critical piece of information for researchers in calculating swept area.